- PLA, Polylactic Acid, is created from processing a number of plant products.
- PLA can be composted at commercial facilities unlike ABS which is derived from fossil fuels.
- PLA is a more earth friendly plastic. It is stronger and more rigid than ABS, and in general the printed objects will have a more glossy look and feel compared to ABS.
- Unlike ABS, PLA can be sanded and machined. PLA has a lower melting temperature compared to ABS.
- As a material, PLA has much less warping versus ABS. Additionally, a heated bed is not required to print it.
- PLA generally enjoys sharper details and corners compared to ABS without the risk of cracking or warping. PLA can also be printed at higher throughput speeds.
- Our fine grade PLA filament (Poly Lactic Acid) is derived from corn starch and is biodegraded in an active compost heap. We recommend PLA for beginners as its more forgiving and easier to work with as it cools & sets faster reducing warpage
- PLA Filament tends to be translucent and shiny
- PLA filament is easier to use but not as stable and will dissolve if wet
- Diameter: 1.75 ± 0.1mm
- Print temperature range: 180°C to 200°C
- Color: blue, gold, green, grey, orange, pink, purple, red, transparent, white, yellow
- 1KG 3D printer filament in total